Thursday, November 11, 2004

Looking for inspiration

I'm desperately trying to write about anything but politics for the rest of the month. What's done is done, and I don't want to rehash it. So what do I end up doing? Writing about not writing about politics.

A few floating thoughts today...
  • I absolutely love Thunderbird. Having RSS newsfeeds alongside my mail and newsgroups makes a lot of sense, and best of all it's not Outlook. Firefox is great too. Simple, easy and completely intuitive. If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon already, now's the time.
  • David Weinberger has been impressing me with his insight for years. I've probably been "borrowing" his ideas for years as well, which I now realize I've just done by mentioning Thunderbird (he also wrote about it today, well before I did). He's a guy who can step back and think about things like Voice over IP without the constraints of context that hinder most of us.
  • I enjoyed some laughs today courtesy of Web Pages That Suck and The Onion.
There. Three things, not one of them political, except maybe the Onion article. Not bad, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home