Friday, April 08, 2005

This PC guy goes Mac

I worked in tech support back in the days when we were excited about the impending release of MS-DOS 5.0. I marvelled at Windows 3.1. My first home computer ran Windows 95, and my second--which I'm sitting at this very minute--Windows 98. I have a knack for troubleshooting this machine--and plenty of experience considering it's a dog of a machine, one of the worst Compaq ever made.

It's time for a new machine, and quality is top of mind. It was going to either be a Dell or a Mac.

I surprised myself by going with a Mac. But Apple made it easy for me. They offered a handful of choices rather than an endless array of configurations. And looking at the specs, it's almost as if they looked inside my brain, figured out exactly what I needed and built these things just for me.

So there you have it. Bye bye Microsoft, hello Apple, let the movie-making and music-making begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home