Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Life in prison for a teenage b. job?

I read in the Boston Globe that charges were brought against the 3 boys over 16 in the school s_x case I wrote about recently. The charge? Statutory rape. The consequences? Life in prison at the most, being forced to register as a s_x offender at the least.

If it were my daughter, I'd be suing the school for dereliction of duty or whatever the legal term is. A boarding school plays the role of parents away from home. For allowing the situation to reach the point of repeated criminal behavior, Milton Academy must bear some responsibility. That girl was in their guardianship. I'm just dumbfounded that these boys, as wrong and stupid as they were to do what they did, are facing such serious consequences while the school gets away with sending letters to alums and donors showing how concerned they are.

More on this later.

(note: trying to avoid having my Sitemeter clogged with s_x searches)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home